Nutty Wild Rice Salad with Kiwifruit and Red Grapes
- Chicken stock – 2 1/2 cups
- Wild rice – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 2 teaspoons
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- Seedless red grapes, halved – 1 cup
- Toasted, chopped pecans – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- In a medium saucepan, cover rice with broth and cover with a lid. Bring broth to a boil, stir with a spoon so the rice does not stick to the bottom. Reduce heat to low and place the lid on the pot, tilting it to allow steam to escape. Bring it back to a gentle simmer, for 45 minutes, or until tender. Drain excess liquid, cover and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix together lemon juice, oil, and honey until honey is dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a serving bowl, combine cooked and cooled rice with kiwis, red grapes, and pecans. Add dressing, and gently toss.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.