Red Cabbage With Apricots And Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, allspice, and nutmeg; toss for 1 minute. Add cabbage and apricots. Saute until well coated, about 2 minutes. Add apricot preserves and vinegar. Toss until juices are reduced to glaze and cabbage is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Store, covered, in the refrigerator if making ahead.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.