- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- Vegetable shortening – 1/2 cup
- White sugar – 2 cups
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp.
- 4 eggs
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp.
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Confectioners' sugar – 3/4 cup
- Place chocolate and shortening in a saucepan and melt them over low heat. Remove from the stove and mix in sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate mixture and nuts into the dry ingredients. Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap, put in the refrigerator, and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Dust dough balls in confectioners' sugar to coat. Arrange 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies will look soft when removed from the oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.