Tender creamy soup with leeks and avocado that can be enjoyed both cold and hot!
Extra virgin olive oil
3 cups, sliced thinly
1 clove, small chopped
Chicken or vegetable stock - 3 cups
1 large ripe avocado
Plain low-fat yogurt
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsps, chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
12 ice cubes (for serving)
2 limes, sliced (for serving)
Cilantro sprigs (for serving)
- Pre-heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add sliced leeks and chopped garlic, cook stirring non-stop until the leeks are tender, but not yet brown (about 10 minutes).
- Add stock, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover the saucepan and simmer for 10 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool a little.
- With an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Pour into a large bowl, set aside to cool. Cover, place into the fridge and chill well.
- When it is time to serve, cut the avocado in half, toss the seed. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon and puree it with a blender (add a little chilled soup to make sure the puree is smooth) or press through a fine sieve.
- Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro into the bowl with soup, stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir well again. Ladle the soup in 4 small bowls, garnish with ice cubes, lime slices and cilantro sprigs. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t like cold soups, you can cook a hot variation: put avocado flesh into the hot soup, add sour cream instead of yogurt and puree with an immersion blender until really smooth.
- For a hotter version, add two green chili peppers to leeks when sautéing.
- For an instant version, forget about the leeks and blend the flesh of two avocados with vegetable stock, stir in yogurt, lime juice, and season well.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.