Even frozen shrimp can become a culinary masterpiece if cooked according to this recipe!
Ground black pepper
2 lbs., peeled, deveined
1/3 cup, diced
Green bell pepper
1/3 cup, thinly sliced
2 tbsp., or more if needed
1 ¾ cups
1 dash, or more to taste
¼ cup, sliced
2 cups, or to taste
- Combine the first eight ingredients (from white paprika to black pepper) in a small bowl and whisk them together.
- Place shrimp in a colander and drain it for 15 minutes or more.
- Line a separate bowl with paper towels and dry the shrimp for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the towels from the bowl and season with 1 tbsp. salt and 1 tbsp. spice mixture. Toss to coat.
- Add vegetable oil to a large and heavy skillet and heat it over a high heat until the oil is hot.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute without stirring. Then stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and let it rest until juices appear. Strain the juices into the chicken stock until there are 2 cups in total. If needed, add more stock.
- Add butter to a large skillet and cook it over a medium heat until it turns tan at its edges.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery to the hot butter and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the rest of the spice blend.
- Add flour to the veggie mix and sauté for about 4 minutes or until all the ingredients blend.
- Add tomatoes and keep cooking for about 3 minutes or until their juices start to brown on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the stock to the veggie mix and stir until smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the hot sauce and the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt.
- Add shrimp to the sauce and simmer for 1 minute or until the shrimp is ready and no longer translucent.
- Garnish the dish with green onions and a pinch of cayenne pepper and pour over rice to serve.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.