- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a measuring cup, combine milk, 1/2 cup orange juice, oil, beaten eggs, and 1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest. Set aside.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix in sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Divide batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make Orange Butter Frosting: Cream butter until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 tablespoons orange juice to bring to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla and 1 teaspoon orange zest.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes