- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prick pastry shell in several places with a fork and bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, salt, and pecans. Mix well, then pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Check after 30 minutes; if crust is getting too brown, cover edges with aluminum foil. When done, pie will be a little loose in center, but will set as it cools; do not overbake.
Upgrade your kitchen:
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes