- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine soften butter with shortening, sugar and brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 min. Note: I take them out of the oven before they start to turn dark! Do not double this recipe, or they don't bake soft. Can make this recipe for bars too. Spread dough into greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake them at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes