- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crusts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and mash. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and blend into the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour into pie shells and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until done.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes