- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup any flavor fruit jam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Separate egg, reserving egg white. Cream butter or margarine, sugar, and egg yolk.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt, mixing well.
- Shape dough into balls. Roll in egg white, then walnuts. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. With thumb, dent each cookie. Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint. Bake for another 8 minutes.
Other Dessert recipes