(cooking time : 40 min; 42 servings)
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- White sugar – 1 cup
- All-purpose flour – 3 ¼ cups
- 3 eggs
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Anise extract – 1 tbsp (can be replaced with three drops of anise oil)
- Heat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5, grease two cookie sheets.
- Beat eggs with oil, sugar and anise extract. Sift flour with baking powder, knead heavy dough.
- Shape 2 long rolls out of the dough, transfer to cookie sheets. Press down to make the rolls ½-inch thick.
- Bake for 30 mins. Allow to cool enough to handle.
- Slice the rolls 1/2 –inch thick; arrange cut side up on cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes, flip, and repeat.
Other Dessert recipes