(cooking time: 2 hr 15 min; 25 servings)
- White sugar – 1 cup
- Light corn syrup – 1 cup
- Butter – ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Salt – 2 tsps
- Unsalted popped popcorn – 25 cups
- Almonds – 3 cups, roasted, salted
- Place popcorn and almonds into a very large bowl; mix until well combined. While preheating oven to 200°F/95°C, mix sugar with cocoa powder and salt in a saucepan. Add corn syrup, mix until well combined. Heat the saucepan over medium-low heat stirring constantly. When the mixture begins to simmer and thickens, remove from heat.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn and almond mixture; stir to coat. Transfer popcorn and almonds to several baking sheets, spread in one layer.
- Bake until dry (a little less than an hour); stir three times to let dry on all sides. Remove from oven; let cool on baking sheets, transfer to sealed gift containers.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes