(cooking time: 45 min; 9 servings)
- Frozen puff pastry – 1 sheet (1/2 package), thawed
- Instant vanilla pudding – 1 package
- Cold milk – 1 cup
- Whipped topping – ½ cup, thawed
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1 oz or more, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour. Unfold puff pastry sheet; roll it out to a square with 10-in sides.
- Use a 3-in cookie cutter or just a glass to cut 9 circles out of the puff pastry. Arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk pudding into the milk, beat for 2 minutes. Add whipped topping, whisk well and chill for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 15 second intervals until completely melted.
- Split a baked puff pastry circle in two halves. Top one half with chilled pudding and cover with the other half. Drizzle with chocolate or spoon chocolate on top to form a cap, depending on how much chocolate you want.
Other Dessert recipes