(cooking time: 1 hr 15 min; 36 servings)
- Whole wheat flour – 1 ½ cups
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup
- Cornmeal – ½ cup
- Rolled oats – ½ cup
- Water – 1 ½ cups + more, if needed
- Canola oil – ½ cup
- 2 eggs
- Peanut butter – 3 tbsps
- Vanilla extract – 2 tbsps
- While preheating oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6, grease several cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix both flours, oats and cornmeal. Make an indentation in the center of the dry ingredient pile and add the liquid ingredients gradually: water, oil, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Knead well with your hands.
- Dust the work surface; roll the dough out to ½ inch thick. Cut out shapes with dog biscuit cookie cutters. Transfer biscuits to prepared sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the oven off and let the cookies sit inside for another 20 minutes – over this time they will harden.
Other Dessert recipes