(cooking time: 20 min; yield depends on batter thickness and cookie size)
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Unsalted butter – 1 stick (8 tbsps), warmed to room temperature
- Light-brown sugar – 1 cup, packed
- 1 large egg
- Pure vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Hulled sesame seeds – 1 cup, toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Sift flour with baking soda, and salt into a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy and lighter in color; add vanilla extract and egg, beat to combine.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and beat together until well combined.
- Add sesame seeds, mix till incorporated.
- Line baking sheets with parchment.
- If your batter is liquid enough, use a tablespoon to drop it onto baking sheets. Leave a 2-inch space between cookies to allow for rising.
- If your batter is not that runny, roll it into small balls, then flatten with the palms of your hands and arrange on baking sheets still leaving a 2-inch space between them.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Other Dessert recipes