French Macarons Recipe: Crispy, chewy, and deliciosuly light, these French macaron cookies are easier to make than you may think!
1 3/4 cup, spooned, leveled
Fine almond flour
1 cup, spooned, leveled
3, at room temperature
Cream of tartar
1/2 cup, room temperature (for the filling)
3/4 cup, spooned, leveled (for the filling)
Pure vanilla extract
1 tsp (for the filling)
- Preheat the oven to 300° F (150° C/Gas mark 2). Prepare 2 cookie sheets by spraying them with cooking spray and lining with parchment paper.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, sift 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar with flour. Discard solids.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until the mixture is frothy. Increase to medium-high and gradually add fine sugar. Beat until eggs are stiff and glossy. Beat in food coloring. Fold dry ingredients into the eggs using a spatula.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch round tip, carefully pipe the batter into 1-inch circles spacing each 1 inch apart. Tap the cookie sheet against the work surface to release air bubbles. Allow the batter to sit for 45 minutes.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the preheated oven for 14 minutes, rotating halfway through, until set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to the rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter with vanilla extract and 3/4 cup powdered sugar until fluffy. Spread the mixture on half of the cookies and top with the remaining cookies. Enjoy your French Macarons!
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.