This braided bread recipe is easy to follow and yields delicious results!
1/3 cup (110° F/44° C)
Active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
2 1/4 tsp
6 cups (plus more for flouring and kneading)
1 1/3 cups
6 tbsp (plus more for greasing)
3, lightly beaten
1/3 cup, sliced
Mini white nonpareils
- Pour warm water into the bowl of a stand mixer. Carefully whisk in yeast, flour (1 tbsp), and sugar (1 tbsp). Set aside for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly.
- In a saucepan over medium, heat milk for 5 minutes, or until bubbles appear around the edges. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter, sugar, and salt. Allow to cool (10 minutes).
- Add the milk mixture to the mixer bowl (paddle attachment, medium-low speed). Add 2 beaten eggs. Gradually add the remaining flour. Beat until a soft dough forms. Next, beat for 5 minutes, or until a dough ball forms (medium-high speed).
- Lightly flour a work surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes, or until smooth.
- Then, butter a large bowl. Transfer the dough to the bowl, cover, and place in a warm spot for 1 1/2 hours, or until doubles in size.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Punch down the dough. Cut into 3 parts. Roll each into a 16-inch-long rope. Place in the baking sheet. Press them together at one end. Tuck the ends to form a loaf. Cover. Allow to rise for 1 hour, or until doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4).
- Brush the loaf with the beaten egg. Scatter almonds and nonpareils on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until dark golden. Allow to cool for half an hour. Serve and enjoy your Easter Bread!
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.