Get ready for Easter with this festive egg bread! No need to cook eggs – they will get ready together with the bread.
2 ½ cups, divided
Active dry yeast
1 (0.25 oz.) package
5, whole, dyed if desired
2 tbsp., melted
- Combine 1 cup flour and the next 3 ingredients (from sugar to yeast) in a large bowl and stir well. Keep heating until the milk is warm and the butter is soft yet not melted.
- Add milk and butter gradually to the flour mixture and stir continuously.
- Add two eggs and ½ cup flour to the milk mixture and beat well. Add the rest of the flour, about ½ cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- When the dough is ready, lightly flour a surface and turn the dough onto it. Knead until elastic and smooth for about 8 minutes.
- Oil a large bowl a little, put the dough in it, and mix to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth, put it in a warm place, and let the dough rise for about 1 hour or until it is doubled in volume.
- Deflate the prepared dough and place it on a lightly flowered surface. Divide it into 2 rounds of equal sizes, cover them, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Make a long roll of each round – about 36 inches long and 1 ½ inches thick.
- Prepare a loosely braided ring of the dough pieces. Make sure you leave enough spaces for 5 colored eggs. Using your fingers, seal the ends together and arrange the eggs between the dough braids.
- Heat the oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4.
- Butter a baking dish and put the dough in it. Loosely cover with a damp towel. Place the bread in a warm place to let it rise for about 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
You might also like
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.