Fried Stuffed Squash Blossoms are just as tender as they are fleeting! Hurry up to try while in season!
12 large squash blossoms
Mild goat cheese
¼ cup, crumbled
1 cob of fresh sweet corn
1 Poblano pepper
2 tbsps, minced
enough for deep frying
Fresh ground black pepper
- Thread the Poblano pepper onto a skewer and char over a gas stove at medium heat. Once beginning to blacken on one side, turn over. Set aside to cool, then place under running water to remove the skin. Dice the skinned pepper and set aside.
- Place the ear of corn onto a skewer, hold over the gas stove to brown on all sides. Set aside to cool, then stand on one end and with a sharp knife slice the charred kernels off.
- Mix feta with goat cheese, add charred pepper and corn, mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat frying oil in a saucepan to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, stir flour with sparkling water until combined. You want lumps in your batter. Set aside and stuff the blossoms.
- Pluck the inside stamen from squash blossoms with two fingers. Don’t worry if you slightly tear the blossom.
- Add a tablespoon of goat cheese mix into each blossom; twist the tops to close the blossoms.
- Coat blossoms in batter. If the end loosens, make sure you twist it again.
- Fry blossoms one by one to make sure you are very careful. You only need to fry them for a couple of minutes, until slightly golden and crispy.
- Use tongs to remove blossoms from the oil; transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.