Cute and a bit scary, these ghost cookies are an alarmingly delicious Halloween treat.
1 cup, softened
Pure vanilla extract
Light corn syrup
1/4 cup, plus more for thinning
Black food coloring
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Beat softened butter and granulated sugar together. Then, add egg, milk, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture. Beat until combined. Shape the mixture into a disk. Wap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F (175° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Prepare a work surface by flouring it. Roll out the dough until it's 1/8-inch thick. Cut out cookies with a ghost-shaped cookie cutter. Arrange on the baking sheets and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine 3 cups powdered sugar, corn syrup, 1/4 cup milk, and 1/4 tsp vanilla in a medium bowl,.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture into a bowl. Add black food coloring to dye the mixture.
- Place 1/2 of the white icing in a pasrty bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe the edges around cookies.
- Add 1 tsp milk to the remaining white icing to make it run easily on cookies (add more milk if needed). Place the icing in another pastry bag. Fill in the centers of cookies. Allow to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Using a pastry bag with a small round tip, pipe ghost eyes and mouths onto your Ghost cookies. Serve and enjoy!
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.