Shape these Mouse Meatballs to look cute or gross - they will make an impressive Halloween entree!
½ onion, minced
Dry bread crumbs
Meatloaf seasoning mix
1 packet (1.25 oz.)
1 cup, cut into small cubes
½ carrot, sliced
Whole black pepper corns
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix beef with egg, onions, and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Add meatloaf seasoning and mix very thoroughly with your hands until the meatball mixture is well blended.
- Now, it’s time to make the mice. Measure about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture, divide it into two parts: one bigger and one slightly smaller. Take two cubes of Cheddar and shape meatballs around each. Repeat until you have no more meat mixture. You should get an even number of bigger and smaller meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking dish. Break spaghetti into 4 shorter parts and stick them into smaller meatballs to make whiskers. Make the eyes and noses out of peppercorns.
- In another large bowl, mix tomato sauce with the Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, occasionally basting the meatballs with the sauce. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes longer.
- When the meatballs are about ready to be removed from the oven, warm up carrot slices in the microwave for 15 second.
- Place the side dish you’re serving your mice with on plates. Arrange one bigger and one smaller meatball on top to imitate the body and head of a mouse. Insert carrots in the smaller meatballs to make ears. Spoon the sauce from the baking dish on top of the mice and around on top of the side dish. Serve.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.