Browned Brussels Sprouts with Orange and Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Evenly spread walnut oil over bottom of a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place Brussels sprout halves in skillet cut side down. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, until cut sides are lightly browned. Pour orange juice over sprouts in skillet, and continue cooking 5 minutes or until sprouts are tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the walnuts in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Gently toss Brussels sprouts with toasted walnuts and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.