- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers, for garnish
- Place the olive oil in a deep, heavy pot, and heat over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and 1 red pepper; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the black beans. Add the mango, banana, cumin, ginger, and hot pepper sauce; stir and cook until fruit softens. Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring soup mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid reduces, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place soup in batches into a blender, and blend until smooth; or use a stick blender to blend in the soup pot. Serve garnished with dollops of sour cream and sprinkled with red bell pepper.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk â€“ unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.