- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen burger-style crumbles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Saute onion until tender. Mix in burger-style crumbles and garlic; cook until the crumbles have browned.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, chopped tomatoes, vinegar, chili powder, cinnamon, paprika, allspice, light brown sugar, cocoa, and hot sauce. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is thickening, bring a large pot of salted water to boil; place spaghetti in the water and bring it to a boil again. Cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Stir beans into the chili and mix lightly.
- Spoon cooked spaghetti into bowls and top with chili. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.