- 3 eggplants, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Bread crumbs – 4 cups
- Italian seasoning – 2 tsp.
- Spaghetti sauce – 6 cups, divided
- Mozzarella cheese – 16 oz, shredded, divided
- Parmesan – ½ cup, grated, divided
- Dried basil – ½ tsp.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix bread crumbs with Italian seasoning.
- Dip eggplants, slice by slice, into the beaten eggs, then coat in bread crumbs. Arrange coated eggplant slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, flip, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Generously brush the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with spaghetti sauce.
- Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with a portion of both cheeses.
- Repeat until you have no more eggplant slices. Top with cheeses and a sprinkle of dried basil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until well browned and heated through.