(cooking time: 30 min; 4 servings)
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ¼ head escarole
- 1 small carrot
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- toasted pumpkin seeds, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix beef with egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil, and onion powder. Shape 3/4 –in meatballs.
- Small chop carrot. Finely dice escarole.
- Bring stock to boil in a large saucepan. Add escarole, pasta, carrot, meatballs.
- Bring soup to boil again, reduce heat, simmer on medium for 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds.