Vegetarian Chickpea Curry with Turnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), undrained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, cumin, and curry powder; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garbanzo beans, red bell pepper, turnip, corn, and tomato sauce. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the curry has thickened, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.