Eggs with Spinach and Artichoke Hearts Baked in Spicy Sauce
(cooking time: 40 minutes; 2 servings)
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, sliced thinly
- Baby spinach – 3 oz
- Artichoke hearts – 1 cup
- 4 large eggs
- Burrata – 4 oz
- Tomato sauce – 12 oz
- Red pepper flakes – ¼ tsp
- Sea salt - to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat it over medium heat. Saute garlic in oil for 1 minute till you feel its smell. Add baby spinach, let it wilt in the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato sauce into an oven-proof skillet. Cover with spinach, artichokes, and burrata. Crack the eggs and pour each on top of the burrata. Season with salt, black pepper, and half of the red pepper flakes. Bake for about 20 minutes (adjust the cooking time according to the desired yolk doneness. Serve with toast - dunk and enjoy!