(cooking time: 20 min; 4 servings)
- Fennel – ½ bulb (about 6 oz)
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeds removed, diced into ¼-in pieces
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp, grated finely
- Couscous – ¾ cup
- 6 dried prunes, pits removed, cut 1/3-in small
- Separate fennel fronds from the bulb. Dice the bulb into ¼-in pieces; chop the stalks coarsely.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Sautee fennel bulb dice with garlic for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat down to low, cover with a lid and cook for 6 minutes or until the fennel is tender.
- Add water to fennel, season with salt, bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Add couscous, tomatoes, prunes, zest and lemon juice. Stir until well combined. Let stand for a 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped fresh fennel stalks. Adjust salt, season with pepper and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.