(cooking time: 45 min; 6 servings)
- 6 8-in flour tortillas
- Cooked chicken – 1 ½ cups, chopped
- Picante sauce or salsa – 2/3 cup + more for serving
- Ground cumin – 1 tsp
- Dried oregano – ½ tsp
- Cheddar cheese – 1 cup, shredded + more for serving
- 2 green onions, chopped + more for serving
- Butter – 2 tbsps, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, cheese, cumin, oregano, onions and sauce.
- Place a tortilla on the work surface. Spoon ¼ cup of the mixture in the center. Fold the opposite sides and roll it up from bottom to top. Place seam down on a baking sheet.
- Repeat till you've got 6 chimichangas on the baking sheet.
- Brush each chimichanga with melted butter
- Bake until golden (about 25 minutes).
- Serve sprinkled with more cheese and green onions, and with salsa on the side.