(cooking time: 15 min; 8 servings)
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Fresh ginger – 1 tbsp, minced
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Pea shoots – 1 ½ lb, llosely packed
- Soy sauce – ¼ tsp
- Oyster sauce – 2 tbsps
- Rinse pea shoots, let drain.
- Heat both oils in a wok or a large skillet over high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, and sugar. Toss for 10 seconds, add pea shoots and both sauces.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes till tender. Leave liquids in the pan, and transfer pea shoots to a serving plate.
- Continue cooking the liquids until cooked down by half. Top the pea shoots with cooked sauce and serve.