This homemade apple tart will surely evoke your childhood memories!
Irish unsalted butter
4 oz., diced, chilled
2 egg yolks
2 lb., peeled, cored, sliced
- Prepare a medium-sized bowl, sift flour and icing sugar into it.
- Mash butter with a knife and add egg yolks and enough cold water to make the dough come together.
- Wrap up using a plastic wrap and let the dough chill for about half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 375° F/190° C/ Gas Mark 5.
- Divide the pastry into two portions so that one is a bit bigger than the other.
- Roll out the bigger part so that it’s about 12 inches in diameter.
- Put the rolled dough into a 9-inch flat pie plate (or 8-inch deep baking dish) pressing the corners with a thumb.
- Combine apple slices with all but one tablespoon of caster sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Brush the pastry edge with milk.
- Stuff the mixed apple filling into the lined pie plate or deep pie dish, then roll out the second pastry piece in a circle that is a bit bigger than the pie dish.
- Cover the apple filling with the second piece of pastry and press the edges together to seal.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle the tart with the rest of sugar.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350° F/180° C/ Gas Mark 4 and cook for 20-25 more minutes until golden brown.
- Let the tart settle for at least 5 minutes, then cut, arrange the pieces on plates, and serve.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.