A pecan pie with a self-explanatory name: anyone who has a slice will come back begging for more!
1 ½ cups + 1 tbsp, divided
½ tsp. + a little more for the filling
½ cup, refrigerated + 3 tbsp., melted
Light corn syrup
Dark corn syrup
Light brown sugar
1 ½ tsp.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Add flour, white sugar, and ½ tsp. salt to a medium bowl; whisk to aerate.
- Transfer the mixture to the work surface or a cutting board; use a knife to cut in refrigerated butter until you get a crumb-like mixture.
- Return the mixture into the bowl. Sprinkle icy water in small portions over the dough crumbs and stir to combine. When the dough becomes sticky enough to be shaped into a ball and hold the shape, stop adding water.
- Use a pencil to trace a circle that is bigger in diameter than your pie dish on a piece of parchment paper. Turn the paper pencil-side down and roll the dough out to completely fill the traced circle.
- Use a rolling pin to transfer the dough into the pie dish and keep chilled while making the filling.
Making the filling and assembly:
- In another bowl, beat eggs with both kinds of corn syrup, melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of flour, and crushed pecans.
- Remove the pie shell from the refrigerator; arrange the pecan quarters in the bottom of the pie shell in one even layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour the sweet mixture over the pecans; arrange halved pecans on top in neat circles or any other pretty pattern.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Remove from oven; let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Read all reviews ()
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.