Here's how to make Japanese souffle pancakes fluffy!
1 1/2 tbsp
Pure vanilla extract
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Place them in two separate bowls. Place the egg whites in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Add milk and vanilla extract to the egg yolks. Whisk until the mixture is frothy. Then, sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture. Whisk.
- Now, beat the egg whites until frothy. Then, gradually add sugar. Keep whipping until stiff peaks appear.
- Over low, heat a large non-stick pan to 300 ºF (150 ºC). Prepare the pan by brushing it with vegetable oil.
- Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the egg yolks. Whisk together.
- Then, carefully fold 1/2 of the egg whites in the egg yolk mixture using a whisk.
- Transfer the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and carefully fold in.
- Using a ladle, scoop the mixture on the pan to make 3 tall pancakes. One scoop should be roughly 3 tbsp of batter. Stack 1 more scoop on top of each pancake. Then, add one more scoop to the pancakes. The pancakes should be tall, not wide!
- Add 1 tbsp water to the pan. Cover the pan. After 2 minutes, add one more scoop on top of each pancake. Add more water if the water has already evaporated. Cover the pan. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Then, gently and carefully try to lift the pancakes using an offset spatula. If they're stuck, allow them to firm up. Then, gently flip the pancakes.
- Add more water to the pan. Cook over low heat for 4 minutes, or until browned. Serve with whipped cream or maple syrup. Enjoy your Japanese Souffle Pancakes!
Read all reviews ()
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.