- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, egg, black pepper and bread crumbs. Pour in the milk, 3 tablespoons of the steak sauce, onion and green bell pepper.
- Place the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and shape into a loaf. Brush the top with the remaining steak sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.