- Sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered – 2 pounds
- Bone-in chicken pieces – 3 1/2 pounds
- Pomegranate juice – 1 cup
- Sherry vinegar – 1/8 cup
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Ground ginger – 1 tbsp.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1/4 tbsp
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Pomegranate seeds – 1/4 cup
- Place sweet potatoes and chicken pieces in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a bowl, combine pomegranate juice, sherry vinegar, and olive oil; mix in brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and sweet potatoes. Cover, and marinate for 1 to 2 hours, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until chicken’s juices run clear. While cooking, baste with cooking juices every 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onion and pomegranate seeds before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.