Chili-Lime Steak with Roasted Vegetables
(cooking time: 30 min; 4 servings)
- Eye of round steak – 1 lb, sliced (about 10 slices)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tbsps
- Chili powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Baby carrots – 2 cups
- 2 yellow onions, halved
- Parsley, for serving
- While preheating oven to 475°F/240°C/Gas Mark 9, cover 2 baking sheets with foil and apply cooking spray to the foil.
- Mix chili with lime zest, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Brush steaks with olive oil on both sides. Rub with the spice mixture.
- Drizzle steaks with lime juice, let stand for 10 minutes.
- While your steak is soaking in the oil and spices, toss the veggies in olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and transfer to one of the foil-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or a couple of minutes more until tender (use a fork to test the readiness). Remove from oven.
- Cook steaks for 2 minutes, turn once, cook for 2 more minutes till medium rare.
- Serve steaks with a side dish of vegetables on plates; garnish the dish with parsley.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.