- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 limes, juiced
- Caster sugar – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Crabmeat in brine – 1 can (170 g)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chili, seeded, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 small clove, crushed
- 1 avocado, really ripe, peeled, stone removed, chopped
- 2 corn tortillas
- Salad mix – 2 cups
- Lime wedges – for serving
- Put the red onion into a small bowl, cover with ½ of the lime juice, sprinkle with salt and sugar, set aside until everything else is ready.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crabmeat, half the chopped chili, the spring onions; season with pepper and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mash the avocado with the other ½ of lime juice and garlic (adjust the texture to your taste: you can either make it chunky or smooth). Stir in the other half of the chili.
- Drain the red onion.
- Toast the tortillas, bended in half, in a toaster for 1 minute. Put each on a plate; top with salad mix. Spoon ½ of avocado on top of the salad leaves. Top the tostadas with crabmeat and red onion. Serve with wedges of lime.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.