Crabmeat Cakes with Worcestershire Sauce
(Cooking time: 1 hr 30 min; 4 servings)
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsps
- Dijon mustard – ½ tsp
- Seafood seasoning – ½ tsp
- Worcestershire sauce – ¼ tsp
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper – 1 pinch (optional)
- Fresh crabmeat – 1 pound, well drained
- Dry bread crumbs – ¼ cup
- Butter – 2 tbsps
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a deep bowl. Add cayenne pepper to taste but remember it is optional.
- Add crabmeat and stir the ingredients up. Transfer the bowl to the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Shape 4 neat crabmeat cakes; use bread crumbs to coat them.
- Use butter to fry crabmeat cakes; cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.