(cooking time: 1 hr 25 min; 6 servings)
- 6 bell peppers
- Ground beef – 1 lb
- 1 egg
- Whole wheat bread – 4 slices, cubed
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Chili sauce – ½ cup
- Yellow mustard – 2 tbsps
- Worcestershire sauce – 3 tbsps
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Apply cooking spray to an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix beef with cubed bread, onions, tomato, garlic, chili and Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Wash bell peppers and cut out jack-o’-lantern faces with a sharp paring knife. Cut the cap off and remove seeds and cores. Divide stuffing between peppers, do not pack! Arrange peppers on the baking dish so that they stand upright supporting each other.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until tender and juicy.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.