(cooking time: 50 min; 8 servings)
- Minced clams – 3 6.5-oz cans
- Onions – 1 cup, minced
- Celery – 1 cup, diced
- Potatoes – 2 cups, cubed
- Carrots – 1 cup, diced
- Butter – ¾ cup
- All-purpose flour – ¾ cup
- Half-and-half – 1 quart
- Red wine vinegar – 2 tbsps
- Salt – 1 ½ tsps
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Place all vegetables into a large skillet, add clam juice from all cans, top with water to cover the vegetables, and cook, covered, over medium heat until tender.
- Add butter to a large, heavy saucepan, let melt over medium heat. Whisk in flour, then half-and-half until smooth and thickened. Add vegetables and clam juice. Let heat through, but do not let boil.
- Add clams right before serving, otherwise they will get chewy. Let heat through, stir in wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.