(cooking time: 20 min; 12 servings)
- Yukon Gold potatoes – 5 lb
- Butter – ½ cup
- Parmesan cheese – 2 cups
- Fresh chives – 1 cup, chopped
- Cream cheese – 1 ½ cups
- Garlic – ½ medium head, peeled, minced
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, but not too soft to fall apart. Drain and return the pot with potatoes back onto the cooker to let potatoes dry over low heat (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add butter, Parmesan, cream cheese, chives, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mash it all well with a potato masher. Serve immediately.