(cooking time: 4 hours 15 mins; 6 servings)
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Flank steak – 2 pounds
- Beef broth – 1 cup
- Tomato sauce – 1 can (8 ounce)
- 1 onion, small, minced
- 1 bell pepper, green, seedless and sliced
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Tomato paste – 1 can (6 ounce)
- Ground cumin – 1 tsp
- Fresh cilantro – 1 tsp, chopped
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- White vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Take a big skillet and add vegetable oil. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the flank steak into the skillet and broil it for about 4 mins on each side until it gets brown.
- Place the flank steak into a Crock-Pot and add all the other ingredients (from beef broth to white vinegar). Stir the mixture well.
- Cover the mixture and cook it for about hours on high or for about 10 hours on low.
- When Ropa Vieja is ready, shred the beef and serve it with rice or tortillas.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.