(Cooking time: 30 mins; 4 servings)
- Salmon fillet – 1 lb, skinned and chopped
- Baby spinach – 2 cups (loosely packed)
- Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 1+1 tbsp
- Fresh ginger – 1 tbsp, finely grated
- Low-sodium soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – ¼ cup, toasted
- Kosher salt – ¼ tsp
- Fresh ground black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Fat-free Greek yogurt – ½ cup
- Fresh dill – 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Garlic - ½ tsp, minced
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped salmon, spinach leaves, breadcrumbs, and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds; season with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, soy sauce salt and pepper; mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form patties of a size that suits the buns. In a flat plate, coat the patties in sesame seeds.
- Add yogurt in a small bowl; mix in dill, garlic and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Coat the grill pan with cooking spray and pre-heat over medium heat until hot. Cook the salmon patties for about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Set aside. Grill the buns cut side down for about a minute until golden.
- Place salmon patties on buns; top each with 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce; cover with the other half of the buns and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.