(cooking time: 45 min; 8 servings)
- Cooked turkey – 1 ½ cups, shredded
- Vegetable broth – 4 cups
- Whole peeled tomatoes – 1 can (28 ounce)
- Green chili peppers – 1 can (4 ounce), chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Cayenne pepper – ½ tsp
- Cumin – ½ tsp, ground
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Dried cilantro – ½ tsp
- Monterey Jack cheese – 1 cup, shredded
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Put the first eight ingredients (from turkey to lime juice) into the pot and season the mixture with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and keep it simmering for 15 to 25 mins.
- Add avocado and cilantro stirring the mixture occasionally and simmer it for 15-20 mins more until it becomes slightly thickened.
- Transfer the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle it with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.