Spaghetti with Sardines and Lemon Juice
(Cooking time: 20 min; 4 servings)
- Spaghetti – 14 oz
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cans (8.4 oz) sardine fillets in oil, drained
- Zest – 1 lemon
- Pine nuts – 1 handful, toasted
- Lemon juice – 1 lemon
- Fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Add the spaghetti to salted boiling water and cook for about 8 minutes. Drain when ready. Add olive oil to the pot and toss thoroughly to coat the spaghetti with the olive oil.
- Fry garlic and the chili in a frying pan, about 1 minute. Add sardines and the zest of a lemon. Heat until the ingredients are warm.
- Take a large bowl to combine the sardines, the spaghetti, the pine nuts, the lemon juice and the chopped parsley. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Serve warm.