Serve this one-skillet dish right from the pan! Add some mustard for a special taste.
4, skinless, boneless (about 1 ½ to 2 lbs. in total)
1 tsp., divided (plus more to taste)
Ground black pepper
½ tsp., divided (plus more to taste)
Spanish or yellow onion
1, large, cut into halves, sliced thinly
2, large, ripe, firm-fleshed (or 3 smaller pears), peeled, cored, cut into quarters
3 tbsp., chopped
- Heat the oven to 450° F/230° C/Gas Mark 8.
- Season the chicken with half the salt and half the pepper.
- Heat oil in the skillet over a medium-high heat, add chicken to the skillet, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes without disturbing.
- Turn and repeat the procedure until the other side is golden, too. Place the chicken on a large plate.
- Place butter in the skillet and cook until it melts, add onion and the rest of salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often, or until it starts to brown.
- Move the onions to the center and place pear pieces in the skillet, cut sides down.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until they start to brown; stir onions from time to time.
- Mix onions and pears and flatten them to prepare a bed for the chicken. Add chicken to the top of the bed and pour with the juices of the pan.
- Combine maple syrup and mustard in a separate small bowl and pour it over the chicken with a spoon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, the glaze browns, and the pears become tender.
- To serve, divide the pear-onion garnish among the plates, add one chicken breast, and sprinkle with parsley.
Divine Scallops in Wine Sauce
This is a fabulous and easy wine and butter sauce for seafood and vege
Sweet Hot Mustard Chicken Wings
If you are as burned-out on the basic Buffalo-style chicken wing recip
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Dijon Chicken Salad with Grapes
This chicken salad is wonderful and easy to prepare. Plus, most of the
The Easiest Chicken Salad Ever
This is the best chicken salad I have ever had in my life and it is so
Green Beans With Orange Olive Oil
This is a side dish of fresh green beans tossed with orange-infused ol
Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes
This is the greatest recipe I was ever given. It is a family favorite
Warm Belgian Endive and Pine Nut Salad
This brilliant salad is easy to prepare, delicious, healthy and goes w
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days wit
Skinny Chicken Roasted Mexican-Style
A healthy Weight Watchers dinner recipe that will make your mouth wate
Restaurant-Style Chicken Tenderloins
I used to love the chicken tenderloins at a well-known restaurant chai
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
A chunky hearty soup with a great blend of spices to warm you right to
Mediterranean Roast Chicken Breast
(hands-on time: 20 minutes, cooking time: 30 minutes, 2 servings)<br>
Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)
This is a delicious traditional Japanese meal consisting of chicken sa
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. This can be served o
Healthier Garlic Chicken Parmesan
A wonderful baked chicken recipe that's quick and easy! Using just a f
Baked Salmon with Potatoes and Asparagus
A clean, easy and yummy one-pan meal that requires almost no preparati
Traditional Greek Spanakopita
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, ch
Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
When planning your next brunch, keep this recipe in mind. It has shrim
Delicious Deep-fried Chicken Livers
Mom made them because they are cheap, and now the convenience stores s
Okra, Chicken and Rice Casserole
The okra plant was brought to America's South by Ethiopian slaves. The
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This
Greek Chicken Burgers with Feta
These Greek-style chicken burgers surprise with a feta cheese filling.
Italian Sausage with Farfalle and Broccoli Rabe
A beautiful two pan entree that'll please anyone who likes Italian sau
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is an awesome spin on a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Feel free
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios
I had never tried Brussels sprouts before I tasted this recipe, and im
Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake
Delicious, yet easy to make. The perfect dessert for a Thanksgiving or
You might also like
Rate & Review