Serve this one-skillet dish right from the pan! Add some mustard for a special taste.
4, skinless, boneless (about 1 ½ to 2 lbs. in total)
1 tsp., divided (plus more to taste)
Ground black pepper
½ tsp., divided (plus more to taste)
Spanish or yellow onion
1, large, cut into halves, sliced thinly
2, large, ripe, firm-fleshed (or 3 smaller pears), peeled, cored, cut into quarters
3 tbsp., chopped
- Heat the oven to 450° F/230° C/Gas Mark 8.
- Season the chicken with half the salt and half the pepper.
- Heat oil in the skillet over a medium-high heat, add chicken to the skillet, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes without disturbing.
- Turn and repeat the procedure until the other side is golden, too. Place the chicken on a large plate.
- Place butter in the skillet and cook until it melts, add onion and the rest of salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often, or until it starts to brown.
- Move the onions to the center and place pear pieces in the skillet, cut sides down.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until they start to brown; stir onions from time to time.
- Mix onions and pears and flatten them to prepare a bed for the chicken. Add chicken to the top of the bed and pour with the juices of the pan.
- Combine maple syrup and mustard in a separate small bowl and pour it over the chicken with a spoon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, the glaze browns, and the pears become tender.
- To serve, divide the pear-onion garnish among the plates, add one chicken breast, and sprinkle with parsley.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.