Serve this one-skillet dish right from the pan! Add some mustard for a special taste.
4, skinless, boneless (about 1 ½ to 2 lbs. in total)
1 tsp., divided (plus more to taste)
Ground black pepper
½ tsp., divided (plus more to taste)
Spanish or yellow onion
1, large, cut into halves, sliced thinly
2, large, ripe, firm-fleshed (or 3 smaller pears), peeled, cored, cut into quarters
3 tbsp., chopped
- Heat the oven to 450° F/230° C/Gas Mark 8.
- Season the chicken with half the salt and half the pepper.
- Heat oil in the skillet over a medium-high heat, add chicken to the skillet, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes without disturbing.
- Turn and repeat the procedure until the other side is golden, too. Place the chicken on a large plate.
- Place butter in the skillet and cook until it melts, add onion and the rest of salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often, or until it starts to brown.
- Move the onions to the center and place pear pieces in the skillet, cut sides down.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until they start to brown; stir onions from time to time.
- Mix onions and pears and flatten them to prepare a bed for the chicken. Add chicken to the top of the bed and pour with the juices of the pan.
- Combine maple syrup and mustard in a separate small bowl and pour it over the chicken with a spoon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, the glaze browns, and the pears become tender.
- To serve, divide the pear-onion garnish among the plates, add one chicken breast, and sprinkle with parsley.
Healthier Garlic Chicken Parmesan
A wonderful baked chicken recipe that's quick and easy! Using just a f
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
You might also like
Rate & Review