Although the shallot sauce requires some effort, your guests will be delighted to try it!
¾ lb., halved lengthwise, peeled
1 ½ tbsp.
1 ½ tsp.
Beef tenderloin roast
2 lbs., trimmed
3 slices, diced
4 sprigs, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375° F/190° C/Gas Mark 5.
- Add shallots to a 9-inch pie pan and toss them with oil to coat, seasoning with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the shallots are deep brown and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add beef broth and wine to a large saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook over a high heat for about 30 minutes or until the volume is reduced by half.
- Add tomato paste, stir well, and set aside.
- Pat dry the beef and sprinkle it with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add bacon to a large roasting pan and sauté it over a medium heat until golden. Transfer to paper towels with a slotted spoon.
- Place the beef into the pan and brown it on both sides over a medium-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Put the pan with beef into the oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Transfer beef to platter and cover with foil loosely.
- Spoon the fat in the roasting pan, put the pan over a high heat on a stove top, add the broth mixture, and bring to a boil. Stir well to scrape up all the browned bits.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 ½ tbsp. butter and flour. Mix until a smooth paste forms.
- Whisk the paste into the broth mixture and simmer until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Add the rest of butter, roasted shallots, and the rest of bacon. Add salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cut the beef tenderloin into half an inch thick slices, spoon the sauce over the meat, and garnish with watercress.
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushrooms
The real secret here is making sure you sear the meat before the long,
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This is an easy variation of a favorite. I used to prepare it the trad
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. This can be served o
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Absolute Best Liver and Onions
This recipe will turn liver haters into converts. Very simple! The th
Best Ever Slow Cooker Italian Beef Roast
Best tender and juicy pot roast you've ever eaten! Also great sliced u
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios
I had never tried Brussels sprouts before I tasted this recipe, and im
Outrageously Good Grapefruit Salad
'Outrageously Good?' I'm not kidding. So simple to make, but the combi
Easy Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
Simple sweet and sour topping for slow cooker pork chops.
Sauteed Green Cabbage With Onions
Delicate Napa cabbage is extremely rich in folate. It’s best eaten fre
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Favorite Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
A very simple Chinese stir-fry dish which is fabulous in taste. I saw
The Easiest Chicken Salad Ever
This is the best chicken salad I have ever had in my life and it is so
Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion
Caramelized onions give the flavor to these easy to make pork chops -
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Brisket recipe
This is a family recipe passed along by my late cousin David. It is s
Beer Sausage with Onions and Pepper
This is an excellent recipe I came up with one day. Serve with some ni
Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
When planning your next brunch, keep this recipe in mind. It has shrim
Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
A light appetizer or dinner pizza that is sure to be a favorite!
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This
Slow-Cooked Carolina Beef Brisket
Good things are worth the wait! This flavor-packed brisket slow cooks
Asparagus, Orange and Endive Salad
Raspberry vinegar is the key to this fruity tasting salad. Preparatio
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is an awesome spin on a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Feel free
Divine Scallops in Wine Sauce
This is a fabulous and easy wine and butter sauce for seafood and vege
You might also like
Rate & Review