Although the shallot sauce requires some effort, your guests will be delighted to try it!
¾ lb., halved lengthwise, peeled
1 ½ tbsp.
1 ½ tsp.
Beef tenderloin roast
2 lbs., trimmed
3 slices, diced
4 sprigs, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375° F/190° C/Gas Mark 5.
- Add shallots to a 9-inch pie pan and toss them with oil to coat, seasoning with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the shallots are deep brown and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add beef broth and wine to a large saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook over a high heat for about 30 minutes or until the volume is reduced by half.
- Add tomato paste, stir well, and set aside.
- Pat dry the beef and sprinkle it with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add bacon to a large roasting pan and sauté it over a medium heat until golden. Transfer to paper towels with a slotted spoon.
- Place the beef into the pan and brown it on both sides over a medium-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Put the pan with beef into the oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Transfer beef to platter and cover with foil loosely.
- Spoon the fat in the roasting pan, put the pan over a high heat on a stove top, add the broth mixture, and bring to a boil. Stir well to scrape up all the browned bits.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 ½ tbsp. butter and flour. Mix until a smooth paste forms.
- Whisk the paste into the broth mixture and simmer until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Add the rest of butter, roasted shallots, and the rest of bacon. Add salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cut the beef tenderloin into half an inch thick slices, spoon the sauce over the meat, and garnish with watercress.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.