Make your breakfast fancier with this healthy recipe!
2 tbsps (can be replaced with sour cream)
1 ½ tsps. + for omelet, to taste
¼ cup, shredded
2 tbsps, shredded
Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded, for serving
Toasted bread, for serving
Small shallot, small diced
1 ½ tbsps
Small Meyer lemon
½ cup, finely chopped
2 tbsps, rinsed, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
- Add Champagne vinegar, diced shallot and salt into a medium bowl. Stir to combine; let shallot pickle for 10 minutes.
- Slice Meyer lemon paper-thin, seed, pile up, halve, cut into smaller sections.
- Add lemon sections, capers and chopped parsley into the bowl with pickled shallot. Top with olive oil, mix until well-combined. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the omelet.
- Beat eggs with a fork in a small bowl. Beat in crème fraîche, shredded Gruyere and Fontina cheeses, season lightly with kosher salt. Continue beating for up to 2 minutes until thoroughly combined.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Let bubble, then add omelet mixture. Cook stirring gently to form an infinity sign with a wooden spatula until the mixture thickens (it may take up to 2 minutes).
- Reduce heat; let cook unstirred until just set (up to 3 minutes) or quite firm (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer to warmed plates, top with Meyer lemon salsa, sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve immediately with toasted bread slices.
- Note: you can keep the Meyer lemon salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Don’t mind if the color fades – it’s the acid from vinegar and lemon.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.