Ultimate Nanaimo bar recipe: These Canadian Nanaimo Bars are deliciously addictive!
1/2 cup, cut into tablespoons
Dutch-processed cocoa powder
Graham cracker crumbs
Unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup, chopped
To make the buttercream layer:
1/4 cup, softened
To make the topping:
Dark chocolate chips
Flakey sea salt
- Prepare an 8x8-inch pan by lining it with parchment paper and greasing it with cooking spray.
- Set a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Melt butter. Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, beaten egg, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whisk for 2 minutes, until thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. Fold in graham cracker crumbs, shredded coconut, toasted pecans, and 1/4 tsp salt. Transfer to the pan. Press the mixture into an even layer. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes until firm.
- Cream 1/4 cup softened butter and custard powder together until smooth with a hand mixer. Add 2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp salt. Beat until mixed. Gradually add heavy cream, 1 tbsp at a time, beating after each tablespoon. Then, spread the mixture over the crust. Refrigerate for 25 minutes, or until firm.
- Combine 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips and 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat with 30-second blasts until completely combined and smooth. Pour over the bars. Sprinkle the bars with sea salt. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate layer is smooth. Then, cut into squares. Serve and enjoy your Nanaimo Bars!
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.